When you apply for a construction loan, you will need to provide the lender with some documentation.
This may include:
- Your ID (Passport, drivers licence etc)
- Proof of income (pay stubs, tax returns etc)
- Proof of address (utility bills, rental agreement etc)
- The contract for the construction project
- Building plans
- A budget for the construction project
- Quotes from contractors
- Proof of insurance
- A list of any other debts you have
The lender will use this information to assess your application and determine whether or not you are eligible for a loan. If you are approved, the loan will be disbursed to you in stages as construction progress is made.
It is important to note that the documentation required may vary depending on the lender you choose.
When you are ready to apply for a construction loan, make sure you have all of the required documentation on hand to make the process go smoothly.